October will be an exciting month in our classroom:
- We will be participating in the Global Monster Project, along with 42 other classes around the world including classes from New Zealand, Russia and England.
- We will continue building stamina in daily 5 and add Word Work, Read to Someone, and Listen to Reading into our daily choices.
- We will continue to correspond with our University of Manitoba writing buddies
- Our whole school will be collecting money for UNICEF by participating in dress up days such as crazy hair day and sports day (stay tuned for fabulous photos)
- We will have new places to sit in our classroom.
- We will continue to study position and motion, with the end goal of creating our own cars.
- In math we will continue looking at patterns around us and learning new addition and subtraction strategies.
- We will get to meet baby Lauren
- We will continue blogging with our class buddies Mr. Hobley's grade 4 Hobloggers from Birmingham, Michigan and Room 14, our grade 1/2 bloggers from Richmond, New Zealand.